Here we will explain what the Applicability Analysis is, and the steps you can take to complete it. Each facility needs to complete their own Applicability Analysis to determine which laws you need to comply with. It consists of a set of questions that help us understand the following:
- Where the facility is located,
- What activities take place at the facility,
- What is on, in, or near the facility, e.g. water resources.
Follow these steps to complete your Applicability Analysis.
Step 1: Accessing Your Applicability Analysis
Navigate to the Compliance Module and click on Applicability Analysis.
Step 2: Answer Each Applicability Analysis Question
Carefully read and complete each question, and click Yes or Not Relevant depending on what applies to your facility or not. If you want to change an answer, click Refresh and select your new answer.
*Clicking the answer will automatically save your selection.
Step 3: Select Your Questions
You can choose the order in which you want to answer your Applicability Analysis questions by selecting your viewing option.
Choose from the following options:
- Highest priority first
- Your questions are ordered from highest to lowest priority.
- Lowest priority first
- Your questions are ordered from lowest to highest priority.
- Group by category
- The questions are categorized by activity type i.e Waste, Air Quality.
- View unanswered only
- This is helpful if you only want to see what you haven’t already answered.
- View answered only
- Here you can see which questions you’ve already answered, and make changes when needed.
Step 4: Monitor Your Progress
You can monitor and share your Applicability Analysis progress by clicking on Progress. This will give you a percentage report of how complete each category of questions is.
Step 5: Working Offline
You can export your set of questions into an excel spreadsheet to work on it offline, and upload your new document when completed.
- Click the excel icon to download your file to your desktop.
- Input Yes or Not Relevant into the Answer column.
- Save your file when finished.
- Click the upload button and choose your saved file to upload.