There are two ways to add chemicals to an inventory in CleanChain. The manual method allows you to record your inventory inside CleanChain. CleanChain's inventory tool functions much like excel spreadsheet, allowing you to copy/paste data from excel into the inventory screen. This method is ideal for suppliers who do not need an offline inventory document and want to use CleanChain exclusively to record their data.
To upload products using the manual method, follow the steps below:
- Click Chemical, then Inventory using the navigation menu.
- Choose Add Stocktake, Add Delivery or Add Usage.
- On the next screen, select a month for your Stocktake, delivery or usage. Click the month, and use the drop down menu to select which month and year, click select then Go.
- CleanChain will automatically default to the manual method. Begin entering your chemical formulation information starting on row 1.
There are 5 columns: Product Name, Manufacturer/Distributor, Quantity, Unit, and Date.
Product Name: The name of your chemical product
Manufacturer/Distributor(Optional): The name of the manufacturer or distributor from whom you purchased or received the chemical product
Quantity: The amount of your chemical product
Unit: The mass unit your quantity is measured in (Ex: kg, g, lb, tonne)
Date (Optional): The date that your inventory was taken for the chemical product
- Enter all products, along with their quantity and unit.
- Review your inventory and complete product matching.
Read our complete guide on how to match products.