There are two ways to add chemicals to an inventory in CleanChain. The excel method allows you to download a blank inventory template (CIL) from CleanChain and fill in your products offline. This method is ideal for suppliers who are familiar with filling out a CIL offline and can he
To upload products to an inventory using the excel method, follow the steps below:
- Click Input Chemicals, then Inventory using the navigation menu.
- Choose Add Stocktake, Add Delivery or Add Usage.
- On the next screen, select a month for your Stocktake, delivery or usage. Click the month, and use the drop down menu to select which month and year, click select then Go.
- Select Excel at the top of the screen.
- Choose your preferred language using the drop-down menu, then click to download the template to your computer.
- Conduct your inventory using the excel template.
There are 5 columns: Product Name, Manufacturer/Distributor, Quantity, Unit, and Date.
Product Name: The name of your chemical product
Manufacturer/Distributor(Optional): The name of the manufacturer or distributor from whom you purchased or received the chemical product
Quantity: The amount of your chemical product
Unit: The mass unit your quantity is measured in (Ex: kg, g, lb, tonne)
Date (Optional): The date that your inventory was taken for the chemical product
- Once you completed your inventory using the Excel template, click Upload data via Excel Template.
- Drag and drop your file into the box, or click Browse to select the inventory file.
- Review your inventory and complete product matching.
Read our complete guide on how to match products.